As summer winds down, with fall right around the corner, allow me to fill you in on upcoming events and activities to enjoy in Fountain Hills! As your Fountain Hills real estate agent, I want to help you make the most of your summer and fall, and to help you achieve your Fountain Hills real estate market goals! If you were hoping to buy, sell or both this summer, there is no better time to work toward those real estate goals than now. Give me a call!
Here are ways to enjoy your Labor Day weekend in Fountain Hills:
1. You can catch a performance of ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ this holiday weekend and through Sept. 16. Performances take place Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $30 for adults and $12 for kids 17 and younger. They take place at the Fountain Hills Theater on its Mainstage. This is a great opportunity to get out of the heat and into a cool theater with great entertainment and beautiful music for the whole family.
2. The new school year is here! Help out families in need by donating to the Summer Food & School Supply Drive. Your last day to donate is Labor Day, Sept. 3. Drop off donations at Washington Federal in Fountain Hills. These nonperishable food items and school supplies will go to local families in need. Top five items needed include peanut butter and jelly, mac and cheese, tuna fish, cereal and canned vegetables.
3. Enjoy a pool party at your house, a neighbor’s house or a community pool in the Greater Scottsdale area! Stay cool this weekend in the heat while celebrating another great summer gone by. Labor Day weekend is also popular for backyard barbecues, game nights, sleeping in, dining out, shopping local sales and more. You have an extra day to do what you love doing most on weekends!
What to look forward to this fall:
1. At Fountain Hills Theater, ‘Narnia’ is coming Sept. 21 through Oct. 7 with the youth theater. This will be a great performance for families to enjoy together! It is based on C.S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Then Oct. 12 through Oct. 28, enjoy ‘Steel Magnolias.’
2. Ballet Under the Stars is fun for the whole family at Fountain Park! Ballet Arizona continues its annual season opening tradition this year with a performance of classic and contemporary works. This is free and open to everyone, so bring your friends and family and make a night of it! It will begin at 7 p.m. on Sept. 22 at Fountain Park.
3. Fountain Park hosts a ‘Movies in the Park’ twice each year, and the fall opportunity is coming up on Oct. 6 this year. The movie will be ‘Coco’ and is free and open to kids and families of all ages. Bring your folding chairs or blankets and enjoy an evening under the stars.