Are you ready for Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial beginning to summer in Fountain Hills? As your Fountain Hills real estate agent, I’m here to fill you in on the fun happenings this holiday weekend and all summer long! There are plenty of events and activities to enjoy in Fountain Hills year-round, and summer is no exception. Mark your calendars and get out to enjoy all that the community has to offer!
1. Monday, May 28, a Memorial Day Ceremony will take place from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at Fountain Park. Join the community to commemorate and honor those who have lost their lives in battle, as well as recognize the brave military men and women who serve our country right now. The ceremony will take place at the Veteran’s Memorial on the south side of Fountain Park.
2. Get out of the heat and into the theater! Fountain Hills Theater presents ‘Ashes to Ashes’ now through June 17 on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $30 for adults and $12 for kids 17 and under. However, this particular performance includes adult subject matter and is recommended for adults 18 and up. After a wild weekend binge, watch the hilarity unfold as a man wakes to find himself simultaneously engaged to three women who all think he is somebody else.
3. For the kids, bring them to Fountain Hills Theater to catch ‘A Year with Frog and Toad KIDS’ June 1 through June 17. These performances take place on Fridays and Saturdays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. It is adapted from a three-time Tony nominated Broadway hit. Based on Arnold Lobel’s books, this upbeat story tells the importance of friendships that endure through the seasons.
4. Fountain Hills has plenty of activities to keep your kids and teenagers busy all summer long! From youth and teen programs and special interest programs, to sports programs and summer camps, there is something for everyone. There are special programs for middle school students, organized sports games, parties in the park, summer games and wacky wet Wednesdays, all free to join! Summer camps include basketball camp, cooking camp, French camp and general kids’ camp.
5. Fountain Park is always a fun place to visit in the summer. Kids can play at the playground and families or friends can play rounds of disc golf. Keep your kitchen cool by having a barbecue at the park, where you’ll find grills and tables. Cool off at the splash park during summer hours. Walk the track early in the morning or evening when the sun isn’t as hot.
6. Enjoy the beauty of the season at the Fountain Hills Botanical Garden! The garden is eight acres and includes a half-mile trail that makes its way through Sonoran Desert plants, rock formations, animal life and more. Bring a camera and enjoy the nature!
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and the upcoming summer season in Fountain Hills! When ready to achieve your Fountain Hills real estate market goals, I am here and ready to help. Contact me, your Fountain Hills real estate agent, with questions or to get started!