Why to Buy and Sell In Fountain Hills This Fall!
WHY TO BUY AND SELL IN FOUNTAIN HILLS THIS FALL!
Thursday, September 28, 2017
by Lisa Murray
Fall has arrived in Fountain Hills, and with it, a great season to buy, sell or both in the Fountain Hills real estate market! The busy schedule of summer is behind us and the holiday season hasn’t arrived yet. This is between time is a great chance to accomplish your real estate goals. As your Fountain Hills real estate agent, I am here to help!
Not sure if now is the right time? Let’s discuss some of the reasons why now is a great time to sell:
- Demand is strong. With low interest rates and prices on the rise, buyers are eager to buy now and save! As a seller, there is no better time to sell than when buyer demand is strong.
- There is less competition. Housing inventory is under the six-month supply that is needed in a normal housing market, which means there aren’t enough homes for sale to satisfy the number of buyers. This could lead to a fast sale and multiple offers for a seller!
- The process could be quicker.Buyers know they need to stand out in this competitive market, so most serous buyers are already pre-approved. This makes the home-selling process much faster! Also, the time to close on a loan has dropped to 43 days on average.
- It’s time to move up. If you want to sell your Fountain Hills homeso that you can move up to a bigger home, there isn’t going to be a better time! Do so now, before rates and prices increase more.
Now, let’s talk about why this fall is the time to buy:
- Prices are on the rise.Home prices have already appreciated by 6.7 percent over the last 12 months, and they’re expected to increase by 5.0 percent over the next year. The sooner you buy, the more you can save!
- Mortgage rates are low. Interest rates have been hovering around 4 percent, which historically, is still a very low rate. However, many experts predict they will rise over the next 12 months. The lower your rate, the lower your mortgage payment will be every month!
- You’re paying a mortgage either way.If you rent, you’re paying your landlord’s mortgage and investing in his/her future. If you pay your own mortgage, you’re investing in your own future! You will see that money again when you go to sell, so it’s like forced savings. With rent, you never see that money again.
Whether you’re buying, selling or both this fall in the Fountain Hills real estate market, it’s time to move on with your life! Remember the reasons you want to buy or sell in the first place, and keep them in mind while going through the process. If you have questions, or you’d like help getting started, contact me, your Fountain Hills real estate agent! I am here for you!
No comments have yet been submitted for this entry.